- Formula: SnF4
- Hill system formula: F4Sn1
- CAS registry number: [7783-62-2]
- Formula weight: 194.704
- Class: fluoride
- Colour: white
- Appearance: crystalline solid
- Melting point:
- Boiling point: 705°C
- Density: 4780 kg m-3
The following are some synonyms of tin tetrafluoride:
- tin tetrafluoride
- tin(IV) fluoride
- stannic fluoride
- tin fluoride
The oxidation number of tin in tin tetrafluoride is 4.
Solid state structure
- Geometry of tin:
- Prototypical structure:
The table shows element percentages for SnF4 (tin tetrafluoride).
Isotope pattern for SnF4
The chart below shows the calculated isotope pattern for the formula SnF4 with the most intense ion set to 100%.
The data on these compounds pages are assembled and adapted from the primary literature and several other sources including the following.
- R.T. Sanderson in Chemical Periodicity, Reinhold, New York, USA, 1960.
- N.N. Greenwood and A. Earnshaw in Chemistry of the Elements, 2nd edition, Butterworth, UK, 1997.
- F.A. Cotton, G. Wilkinson, C.A. Murillo, and M. Bochmann, in Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Trotman-Dickenson, (ed.) in Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, 1973.
- R.W.G. Wyckoff, in Crystal Structures, volume 1, Interscience, John Wiley & Sons, 1963.
- A.R.West in Basic solid state chemistry Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Wells in Structural inorganic chemistry, 4th edition, Oxford, UK, 1975.
- J.D.H. Donnay, (ed.) in Crystal data determinative tables, ACA monograph number 5, American Crystallographic Association, USA, 1963.
- D.R. Lide, (ed.) in Chemical Rubber Company handbook of chemistry and physics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, 77th edition, 1996.
- J.W. Mellor in A comprehensive treatise on inorganic and theoretical chemistry, volumes 1-16, Longmans, London, UK, 1922-1937.
- J.E. Macintyre (ed.) in Dictionary of inorganic compounds, volumes 1-3, Chapman & Hall, London, UK, 1992.